The Sixth Form
- Bespoke, personalised education planned around the needs of the
- A wide range of subject and qualification options including A
Level, BTEC and GCSE
- Nurturing and holistic environment
- Small class sizes
- Family and Community feel
- Ideally suited for students who are put off by hectic environments
- Tutors and teachers get to know each student as an individual
- A strong record of success. We are proud that our pupils go on to higher education to achieve their aspirations.
“The environment at HawleyHurst is supportive, not overwhelming. You get
the impression that you are working with the teachers and there is plenty of support.”
Harry, Sixth Form Student
Small tutor groups allow each individual to receive the support they need and provide an excellent foundation for higher education. Courses are tailored to meet the needs of the individual. All pupils are offered a wide variety of education and extra curriculum opportunities.
Many of our sixth formers follow the traditional academic A Level route while others choose a more vocational path. Also available in the 6th Form is the BTEC in Performing Arts, BTEC in Health and Social Care, BTEC in Early Years Education and BTEC Level 4 Foundation Art. These are practical, coursework based qualifications without examination. The successful completion of this allows students to enter the workplace or university.
Further GCSE subjects may also be studied. Lessons are supplemented by time for self-directed study. This encourages a mature attitude to work and helps develop time management skills.
The Sixth Form has its own study area.
There is no set uniform but students must wear smart business attire.
All Sixth Formers participate in Physical Education, a careers programme, Cookery. Pupils may make use of the extra curricular Performing Arts programme and attend the fitness programme at the local Gym.
Although we are a small school we are able to offer most subjects at A level. Presently our most popular are the Sciences, Mathematics and the Performing Arts. We are also able to offer students A levels on a tutorial 1:1 basis in most subjects.