“ The specific teaching and provision for pupils identified as requiring special support is excellent, enabling pupils to make marked progress”
ISI Inspectorate 2011
At HawleyHurst we are committed to offering an inclusive curriculum to ensure the best possible academic and personal development of all our pupils whatever their needs or abilities. We recognise the diverse and individual needs of all our pupils and take into account the additional support required by those children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). We endeavour to ensure that all children, including those with SEND, have every opportunity to engage in a wide range of suitably challenging educational opportunities that are appropriate to their needs.
We aim to maximise the potential of each individual by helping them to achieve the best possible educational and other outcomes, and prepare them effectively for adulthood. The school has high aspirations and expectations for all pupils with SEND and focuses on the outcomes and progress of pupils by celebrating achievement and identifying areas in which they need support.
- To identify pupils with SEND as early as possible and ensure that their needs are met to the best of our capabilities
- To ensure that children and young people with SEND can engage successfully in all school activities alongside pupils who do not have SEND, including making reasonable adjustments for those pupils with a disability so that they have good access to the curriculum and wider school learning environment
- To ensure that all learners make the best possible progress
- To work in partnership with parents, key agencies and specialists in order to develop a collaborative approach to meet the needs of pupils
- To provide support and advice for all staff working with SEND pupils
- To ensure that responsibility for provision for pupils with SEND remains an integral part of the whole school provision
- To operate a child centred approach that considers the whole child and takes into account their view wherever possible